Texas Family Immigration Attorneys
Uniting Families with Care & Compassion
In lieu of immigrating to the U.S. on a work visa or employment-based green card, you can also seek lawful status through a family member or familial relationship. Family sponsorship is one of the most common ways to obtain a visa or green card. If you are sponsoring a loved one from abroad or you need help as you seek entry to rejoin a loved one, consult with Davis & Associates.
Our family immigration attorneys in Texas have 60 years of combined experience to help you successfully navigate the road ahead. We understand that U.S. immigration policies are confusing – you must follow all steps and meet all requirements in order to obtain the visa you are seeking. Let us help you through this and handle the legal legwork on your behalf.
Obtaining a Family-Based Visa
If you are a citizen or an LPR in the U.S., you can help certain family members apply for and obtain a visa. Right now, the U.S. gives out 480,000 family-based visas per year. Immediate relatives – spouses, parents, and unmarried children under 21 – receive priority over others.
Of course, other family relationships can qualify someone for a family-based visa. Family visas are divided into four preference categories.
These visas include the:
- F1: First preference for unmarried children – who are 21 or older – of U.S. citizens
- F2A: Second preference for spouses and married children – who are under age 21 – of U.S. LPRs
- F2B: Second preference for unmarried children – who are 21 or older – of U.S. LPRs
- F3: Third preference for married children of U.S. citizens
- F4: Fourth preference for sisters and brothers of U.S. citizens who are 21 or older
Keep in mind that timelines to obtain a family-based visa vary greatly – in fact, any of these visas can take anywhere from six months to 20 years to obtain.
The time it takes to obtain a family visa may depend on:
- The immigration status of the petitioner
- The type of family member you are petitioning for
- Where the family member is from
Consult with Davis & Associates
We understand that your family is the most important thing in your life. Whether you are petitioning on behalf of a loved one or you are seeking a visa for yourself, our family immigration attorneys in Texas are here to help. From our offices in Houston and Dallas, we serve families throughout the U.S. and from around the world.
Call (214) 999-1942 to get started on your case.