Immigration Visa Lawyers in Dallas

We Can Help You Obtain a Visa

At Davis & Associates, we commit all of our efforts to the vast areas of immigration visa law. America’s political landscape changes with each President, so staying on top of immigration law is a major priority for our attorneys. An immigrant in the United States needs reliable and experienced representation to be able to overcome many obstacles that arise.

We help clients obtain all types of visas, including:

Discuss your case with our Dallas visa lawyers today by calling (214) 999-1942.

Employment & Investor Visas

Finding employment in the U.S. as a foreign national and bringing employees to the U.S. can be a frustrating and difficult process – but Davis & Associates is here to help.

We have successfully filed:

  • L-1A and L-1B visas: Intra-company transfer visas for executives, managers and those employees with proprietary knowledge of the company’s offerings
  • H-1B visas: For professional workers with special skills
  • TN-1 visas: For workers provided for under the NAFTA treaty
  • E-1 trader visas: For nationals of those countries with whom the U.S. has a treaty of trade and friendship that provides for them
  • EB-5 visas: For individuals who invest a certain amount of money in a U.S. business
  • R-1 visas: For religious organizations that wish to bring a foreign clergyman to head up or start an ethnic congregation

Family-Based Visas

Citizens and permanent residents of the United States can petition the federal government for an immigrant visa for certain family members. U.S. citizens can petition for more categories of family members than permanent residents can. The amount of time between the date the petition is filed and the date when the family member actually obtains the immigrant visa can vary wildly – anywhere from six months to 20 years or more.

The wait time is determined by:

  • The immigration status of the petitioner
  • The category of the family member they are petitioning
  • What country the family member is from

Visas for Certain Victims of Domestic Violence

Certain people battered by their U.S. citizen and legal permanent resident (LPR) family members may qualify for an immigrant visa.

Immigration through a U.S. citizen or LPR family member usually requires that the citizen or permanent resident must file a petition and see the immigration process through to the end, often with an interview conducted by USCIS. This means that the citizen or LPR has complete control of the immigration process for their family member; they must be the one to initiate the process and can terminate it at any time. In relationships where domestic violence exists, this control can be abused by the citizen or permanent resident as one more way to hurt their family member through threats of revoking or delaying the immigration process, or of deportation.


Congress passed the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) to help undocumented victims of domestic violence gain permanent resident status independently of their abusive citizen or LRP family member.

The categories of people who can file VAWA petitions are:

  • Battered spouses of U.S. citizens and LPRs. The battered spouse’s unmarried children under the age of 21 can be included in the application, regardless of whether the child suffered abuse or not.
  • Parents of children who have been abused by their citizen or LPR step-parents. The parent’s other unmarried children under 21 can be included in the application, regardless of whether the child suffered abuse or not.
  • Unmarried children under 21 who have been abused by their citizen or LPR parents. The child’s unmarried children under 21 can be included in the application, regardless of whether the child suffered abuse or not.
  • Parents who have been abused by their adult U.S. citizen sons or daughters.

A VAWA petition is filed on Form I-360 and requires fairly extensive documentation. There are specific requirements that have to be proven in order for USCIS to approve a VAWA petition. If the VAWA petition is approved, the battered spouse, child, or parent may be able to apply for permanent residency based on the petition once the priority date is current. The particular immigration, criminal, and medical history of each applicant must be fully analyzed in order to determine if, how, and when they can apply for a green card.

Learn more about your options for immigration visas – call Davis & Associates at (214) 999-1942.

Helping People Realize Their
Dreams & Full Potential

  • They solved all my problems

    “My wife and I contracted this firm. We have had a good experience with this firm. They do take a while to contact you, but when they did call they solved all my problems. I really recommend them. Very ...”

    - Marytza P.
  • Offered me a couple of ways to solve my green card issue

    “As the nice lady at reception told me, the attorney I arranged my free consultation with was ready and waiting for me. Kim was extremely nice, knows her work very well. She offered me a couple of ways ...”

    - Hrayr H.
  • Very friendly and efficient

    “Wonderful experience with customer service, the service is awesome. People that work there are very friendly and efficient, I love them all.”

    - Marco G.
  • Very knowledgeable and shows to have genuine care in our case

    “I chose Davis & Associates because they offer an initial, first consultation free of charge. That is awesome when you are not sure if you really need a lawyer and have some doubts about the ...”

    - Rosa R.
  • No hard close, no hassles, just answers!

    “Excellent firm! Very knowledgeable and professional staff. We spoke with Keith Lee and he was able to thoroughly answer all our questions and explain our options in regards to marriage. No hard close, ...”

    - Stan F.