Citizenship & Naturalization Lawyers in Houston
Implementing Effective Immigration Solutions
Day in and day out, people from around the world seek to become United States citizens. If you are seeking guidance through the process of becoming a U.S. citizen – known as naturalization – Davis & Associates is here to help. Our Houston citizenship and naturalization attorneys have extensive experience helping clients achieve their immigration goals.
The Responsibilities & Benefits of Being a U.S. Citizen
If you have held a green card for five years and meet other requirements, you have the opportunity to begin the naturalization process. Becoming a citizen of the United States is a great privilege that comes with many rights and responsibilities.
As a U.S. citizen, you are expected to:
- Swear allegiance to the U.S.
- Renounce allegiance to any other nation or sovereignty
- Serve the country when required
- Support and defend the laws and Constitution of the U.S.
- Respect the opinions, culture, ethnicity, and religious views of other
- Participate in the political process by voting in elections
- Serve on a jury when required
Obtaining a green card offers many advantages to foreign nationals. However, there are certain rights that remain unavailable to non-citizens. After you go through the naturalization process, you will obtain even more benefits.
Rights that are reserved exclusively for U.S. citizens include:
- Having the right to vote in federal elections and most state elections
- Getting priority in sponsoring family members for green cards
- Obtaining citizenship for biological children born outside the U.S.
- Becoming an elected official
- Traveling with a U.S. passport
- Gaining eligibility for federal jobs
- Receiving protection from deportation
Find Your Immigration Firm Today
Davis & Associates has been defending the rights of immigration clients since 2007. Our Houston citizenship and naturalization lawyers are committed to providing reliable guidance and professional advocacy.
Give us a call today at (832) 720-7112 to discuss your case with our legal professionals.