DACA Lawyers in Dallas
Reliable Immigration Counsel since 2007
At Davis & Associates, we want you to know that if you, a family member, or someone else close to you is going through an immigration problem, there is support available. Our experienced lawyers are skilled in handling all types of immigration issues, including helping clients renew a grant of deferred action under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program.
Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals
In June 2012, the Secretary of Homeland Security made a special provision to defer removal action for certain immigrants who came to the U.S. as children. Successful applicants would have the action of removal delayed for two years, subject to renewal. Though this action does not provide lawful status, it does grant eligibility for work authorization.
Unfortunately, the USCIS is not currently accepting requests from persons who have never been granted deferred action under DACA. However, those who have previously achieved DACA status may be eligible to request a renewal.
To be eligible for DACA renewal, you must meet the following requirements:
- Your DACA expired on or after Sept. 5, 2016
- You must have continually resided in the U.S. since you submitted your most recent DACA request that has been approved
- You did not leave the U.S. on or after Aug. 15, 2012, without advance parole
- You have not been convicted of a felony, significant misdemeanor, or three or more other misdemeanors
- You do not pose a threat to public safety or national security in any way
Contact Our DACA Lawyers in Dallas
If you have any questions about the new laws regarding DACA, please do not hesitate to contact Davis & Associates. When renewing your DACA status, it is critical that you file everything correctly – otherwise, the USCIS might reject your application. Knowingly or willfully providing false information can lead to a felony conviction and even removal proceedings.
Entrust your immigration matter to our team. Call (214) 999-1942 now.